Blackboard Accessibility Interest Group

Campus Information Technologies and Educational Services (CITES) and Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES)

University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign

All Teleconferences

Teleconference Details

Date: 2007-10-01

Time: 2:30 PM EDT; 1:30 PM CDT; 12:30 PM MDT; 11:30 AM PDT

Agenda

  1. Update on status of each sub-group
    Leader of each sub-group: please make sure that all your members are added to your list and send a welcome message to your members.
  2. Goals and milestones for each sub-group
    Members of each sub-group: please use your dedicated list to exchange your thoughts regarding the goals and milestones for your sub-groups.
  3. Defining the framework how each sub-group can work productively with BB partners
  4. Next bb-testing meeting and logistics
  5. testing protocol for upcoming Grade Center accessibility testing and evaluation
  6. Use of a Wiki to allow everyone for feedback

Minutes

Blackboard/WebCT Accessibility Teleconference Minutes 10/01/2007
Scribe: Jane Fredrich

Next teleconference

Participants

Regrets

Discussion

1. Update on status of each sub-group
- Dennis James/ bb-idea; added members intro e-mail sent
- Kevin/ bb-docs; sent out welcome this morning
- Saroj/ bb-qa; set up 
- Terry– bb-testing; need to clarify testing activities 
 
2. Goals and milestones for each sub-group
   Members of each sub-group: please use your dedicated list to exchange 
- need co-chairs – not Hadi!
- may need to add someone from support from BB- Jason Minkoff
- Will,  Stephanie to be added to lists
- will have minutes posted to web for each subgroup
3. Defining the framework how each sub-group can work productively with BB Partners
- Schedules may limit review of products
- Bring of points of issue that can be discussed and consolidated through different viewpoints
- Asking bb how to provide info on process- we don’t know how bb works ( modules scripts –where/when)
- Each sub-group needs to consider what it can do, and what deliverables are
- Baselining expectations – talk over how things work
- Get into PDP partnerships as early as possible
- Not many models to draw from 
- Need to find issues to make impact
- PDP’s may not be conducive about accessibility because of lack of background  
- Need design standards so we know what we can do
4. Next bb-testing meeting and logistics
- Wed there is a teleconference - PDP kickoff 
- Will to contact Stephanie to see if can be coordinated differently – 10 possibly people 
- How to track issues through PDP process- transparency 
- 12:30 pacific
- 3:30 Eastern
- Need to send in non-disclosure agreement
5. testing protocol for upcoming Grade Center accessibility testing and Evaluation
- Communication from Stephanie in last week
- Three people specified by bb for testing group
- Clarification by Will – streamlining info wanted by BB – this issue is resolved by leaders of subgroups who will consolidate info 
- Testing phase: previously development server was set up could test based on best practices protocol
- Server to have full academic suite access
- Categories such as scripting, navigation – testers look for 
- BB has a system of testing but is open to improvements 
- Early stages of next gen starting now 
- Need to recognize differences between institutions in frequency or popularity of different features
- Requirements document needed for BB  describing needs for accessibility 
- Issues list- identify problems with tools BB are using to design 
- Need to prioritize most important issues
- Formalization of process will help in answering questions
- Do developer guidelines exist? – BB not as formal as Webct  - work in progress
- Guidelines must be part of development process 
- By improving automated coding features BB can add or remove features easily 
6. Use of a Wiki to allow everyone for feedback
- have athenpro wiki – drill down to BB 
- describes bb interest groups , links 
- sub-groups can have a wiki page to conduct work

Edit teleconference

Discussion List